Matar Paneer Recipe
Course: lunch/dinner side dish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 people
Ingredients For The Matar Paneer
250 gms Paneer (cube size)
1 cup boiled peas or matar
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
1 tablespoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
Salt to taste
3 tablespoon cooking Oil
Ingredients For The Matar Paneer Gravy
1 medium size chopped onions (roughly chopped)
2 large size red tomatoes (roughly chopped)
2 Chopped Green Chilies
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
3-4 black peppercorns
Small piece cinnamon stick
1teaspoon coriander seeds
1teaspoon cumin seeds
Instructions For Making Gravy
- Take a blender and mix all these above ingredients for gravy. No need to add water in this mixture.
- Grind this mixture and make a smooth paste.
- Keep the smooth paste aside.
Instructions For Making Matar Paneer Curry
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp of oil.
- Shallow Fry the cube sized paneer till it turns golden brown.
- Take warm water in a bowl. Pour this fried paneer into it. After 1or2 minutes drain this water from paneer. This process will make paneer soft.
- In a same pan heat 1 ½ tbsp of oil.
- Add 1teaspoon cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter.
- After spluttering, add smooth masala paste. Fry this masala in a low flame till the oil separates from the paste. It will take 10-15minutes for frying.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and coriander powder into it. You can add 1 teaspoon of sugar if you want. Cook for 2-3 minutes in a low flame.
- Now the gravy appears thick. You can add 1cup warm water or as per your need.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and boiled peas.
- Add salt as per taste and Simmer in a low flame for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame.
Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot matar paneer with butter naan, rice or chapatti.